Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Hammer of God

The Hammer of God
Details
Title: The Hammer of God
Author: Arthur C. Clarke
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Bantam Books
Language: English
ISBN: 0-553-56871-X

Review

The book is: vapid, insipid, tasteless, dull, flat. It’s like a steak made of cardboard. I read it easily like a collage of newspaper articles. It is written more like a history book than a novel.

To continue my food analogy: it is a healthy book, but a diet one. No spices inside.

I am glad I read it in English because I can fell it directly without any translation interference.

PS: Where can I find in Bucharest, English SF book at reasonable prices?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

La libraria Nautilus - pe langa liceul Tudor Vianu. 300-400k cartea. Sau la mine, carti de anticariat (cumparate la book sales etc in SUA). More info (si despre Nautilus, si despre restul) la jennee@gmail.com.

9/03/2006 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut, Jen. De unde fac rost de lista ta de carti, ca nu mai dau de ea pe blogul tau?

9/05/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger steve_o said...

scifi canal

10/14/2006 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home